Please read first post for a good bye

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Wake

 Burst padded into the medicine cat's den. The moon was waning slightly. He looked at the black she-cat. Her legs were scarred, but she had lived. Nestflame had saved her. Burst looked at Nestflame quickly, who was mumbling in his sleep.

"Ice... blue eyes..."

Nestflame turned over suddenly, causing Burst to jump. He shook his head, trying to block out Nestflame's mumble's about Ridgefeather. Burst looked back at the black she-cat, and looked at her head. He was suddenly startled as he realized the she-cat's eyes were open, staring back at him. He narrowed her eyes, and she spoke.

"You saved me. Why would you save me? You have such a darkness..."

She didn't continue, but just closed her eyes.

"My name is Ebonywing. I was made a warrior right before my clan was attacked... it was horrible. I shouldn't have survived."

Ebonywing suddenly jolted, and gasped.

"My clan! I was supposed to send a message for my clan! To send help!"

She breathed heavily, eyes filling with sorrow.

"How long have I been here for?"

Burst tilted his head.

"You came before the full moon. It's a few sun-rises after it."

Ebonywing wailed quietly.

"They're all dead. I should have been stronger... I should have saved them."

He took a step forward.

"What was your clan's name?"

She glanced at Burst quickly, and whispered.

"WakeClan."

Burst nodded.

"Yes. Some other clans reported what was happening. Some of the cats survived... but most of them did not."

Ebonywing shook her head.

"Why are you in here anyways? It's the middle of the night?"

She narrowed her eyes, but Burst didn't answer. He was already walking out of the den.

(heh. To think, this post will be posted in February. Yes, I made this post in the beginning of January. ;) I like making posts ahead of time. >:D See this post in February!!)

No comments: