Please read first post for a good bye

Friday, June 3, 2011

Greetings, My Friends!

Dreamstar sighed, and closed her eyes. She hadn't been out of her den in days. She struggled to get to sleep, her muscles sore. When she finally fell asleep, StarClan came.

Dreamstar opened her eyes and gasped. In front of her was Cloudriver, Fleckwater and... Markstar. She choked out a sob. Cloudriver smiled slightly, and Markstar dipped his head.


"Dreamstar. The clan has missed you. Why have you not told them of your return?"


Dreamstar closed her eyes.


"You've changed so much Markstar. So different from the young cat I announced to be the next leader. I regret making you leader. You were too young... Only nine moons... Nine moons!"


Dreamstar turned her head away.


"I don't deserve to live again. Strongspirit's having your kits again. You should have never died. You have a family..."


Markstar closed his eyes.


"I miss them. But, I will watch over her. But now, you need to watch over your clan. Danger lurks, everywhere."


He stepped forward and touched his nose to Dreamstar's.


"I love you."


He stepped back, and nodded at Cloudriver and Fleckwater, then padded away.


"Dreamstar. What Markstar said is true. You must tell your clan. You were brought back for a reason, and LakeClan needs to know. The whole story. Every secret you may have kept."


His eyes flickered to Fleckwater, and he whispered softly.


"Like our kits. You shouldn't hide those who you are proud of. You display them, love them. And I will be telling the same to Ridgefeather."


Dreamstar looked up sharply.


"Ridgefeather. He won't come back, will he?"


Cloudriver sighed.


"He loves the kitty-pet he lives with. She's expecting kits. They're going to come any day. He's confused, and he misses the clan. But, he loves her. She brought him back from his depression. You can't destroy tru love if it's there, if it's not, it's very easy to break."


Dreamstar closed her eyes again.


"Like Soaringheart, Rippleblaze and I. I loved Soaringheart, so much. But... Rippleblaze... and you Cloudriver. I was torn when you died. I let Soaringheart in. I gave him a false sense of love. Though, I did love him. "


Cloudriver nodded.


"I know. I could see it in the way you looked at him. But then, when you looked at Rippleblaze, it was like nothing could compare. I guess it was the same with me. Don't hide Dreamstar, it won't bring you any good. Only problems."


He licked her cheek, then padded away, leaving only Fleckwater.


"Why did you hide that we were your kits? Were you ashamed?"


Dreamstar flinched slightly.


"N-no. I... I was upset. Cloudriver had just died. Flameriver was dying too. There would have to be a new deputy. I knew it had to be me. I still loved you three so much... but I couldn't bear the pain."


Fleckwater shook his head.


"You were being selfish. You robbed us of our true mother. Leaf-fall was a good mother, but... it wouldn't have been the same. Tell your clan. It's the right thing to do."


Dreamstar sighed, and Fleckwater padded away, leaving her in the fading light.

She awoke abruptly. The sun was jsut starting to rise slightly. The dawn patrol wouldn't even be out yet. She padded out of the leader's den, taking in a deep breath. She leaped onto the Lake Rock, and waited, standing there as the sun rose behind her.

She heard the first cats start to rise. Dreamstar closed her eyes, summoned up all her strength and courage and let out a loud yowl that rang throughout the territory. Cats stumbled from their nests, grumbling at the earliness. They padded out, eyes squinted against the light, not seeing who was standing up on the LakeRock. Then, their eyes adjusted and yowls of shock came out of every cats mouth.

There, standing on the large rock, was Dreamstar. Her pelt shined as the sun hit it, and she raised her head.

"Greetings, my friends!"



2 comments:

✠Ember✠ said...

Birchstorm's eyes widened when he looked at Dreamstar. "She.... alive..." he stammered.

Fleckedpaw looked at his father, confused, but smiling

~-~Birchstorm~-~

Nestflame opened his eyes, everything was... blurry. He took a deep breath and flinched in pain. He tried to move, but pain shot through him again "Broken... Rib." he gasped.

Thats when the silver she-cat came out again "Nestflame." she mewed, looking down "I apologize."

"Your the queen who tricked me!" he hissed "Why."

The queen looked down "C-call me Haze. Nestflame... I am sorry."

Nestflame's eyes narrowed "how do you know who I am."

A tom with flaming amber eyes stepped out growling "You can thank me for that."

Nestflame hissed, he recognized this tom. "Hailpaw."

Hailpaw laughed "You do remember me. Oh WONDERFUL. I didn't think you'd remember an old cat like me." he chuckled.

"My make, Haze, helped me trap you here. Revenge my dear friend."

"What did I EVER do to you?! YOU betrayed us. Not the other way round."

"YOU RUINED MY LIFE."

"I DIDNT THINK I COULD SAVE YOU!!"

"I was your KIN. You didn't give me any second thought when he told me to stay on the island 'till I died huh. YOU NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF YOUR KIN DYING ON THE ISLAND. IT DIDNT STOP THE SICKNESS FROM SPREADING DID IT?!"

"It killed my mother. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT IT INTO THE CLAN. I was GLAD to see you go." Nestflame growled "But I cared about you. You were my kin."

Hailpaw rolled his eyes "Sure. Well, I'm loved aren't I. I have a mate, I'm starting a family. Do YOU have a family. You always wanted one. Hazelpaw... remember her? The first one infected that was sent to the island."

Nestflame growled "When she died, I turned my back on that dream. I was too young for her, anyway. Ever since then I've wanted to be a medicine cat, and thats who I've become."

"I know. I've been watching you for a while. I know your weaknesses. I know your strengths." Hailpaw purred "Well, you know Hazelpaw didn't die on that island. The air there was clearer, we recovered. Together. We fell in love." He smiled at Haze and realization dawned on Nestflame "We renounced clan life, took our own names. Breeze and Haze."

Nestflame looked at the she-cat who stared right back at him, her eyes poured into him and his old memories, the ones he had pushed back to the darkest part of his mind. Nestflame flinched bringing on another wave of pain. "Hazelpaw..."

"Now." Hailpaw-Breeze purred shaking his long black fur "I've come to ruin YOUR life."

♣Delaney/Dolor♣ said...

Silentecho looked up with no surprise, but was surprised that Soul had come to sit by him. Resisting the urge to move even closer, he fixed his gaze on Dreamstar.

>Silentecho<