Please read first post for a good bye

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Jet-Part 5

Dreamsea padded through the forest. Moonlight shone down on her fur, making it look like silver. Then, she heard a twig snap behind her. She whirled around, and found herself facing Jetblaze.

"J-jetblaze!? What are you doing!"

Jetblaze smiled.

"I followed you Dreamsea."

Dreamsea narrowed her eyes.

"Why?"

Jetblaze looked away.

"Because. I wanted to tell you...."

He took a small breath.

"That.... I love you."

Dreamsea took a stuttering step back.

"W-what!? You were always mean to me!"

He took another breath.

"I was only trying to get your attention. To get you to notice me. That first day we met, when I was stuck in that bramble bush. When I saw you, I was embarrassed. When I got to know you better, my liking for you grew."

Dreamsea shook her head.

"Being mean isn't a way to get a she-cat to notice you, Jetblaze! You be nice!"

Jetblaze flinched slightly at Dreamsea's harsh tone.

"I... I never knew. I never knew any different. I love you Dreamsea."

Dreamsea shook her head.

"You're crazy to love me Jetblaze."

Jetblaze laughed softly.

"If falling for you is crazy, then I'm going out of my mind."

Jetblaze purred and looked at Dreamsea with soft eyes.

"I can't love you Jetblaze. There may be another cat."

Jetblaze's head shot up.

"Who!?"

Dreamsea took a breath.

"Rippleblaze loves me."

He laughed.

"Why would he love you!? He's way older then you!"

Dreamsea nodded.

"Please... don't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you."

Jetblaze nodded.

"I promise."

Dreamsea smiled slightly, and spoke.

"I used to be Rippleblaze's mate. I used to have a different life. I used to be leader of LakeClan. Markstar, he was my son. Rippleblaze, my mate. Then, I died and StarClan gave me a second chance. I can't have a mate, because of Rippleblaze. I feel like I will be dishonoring him. He used to be the leader of MarshClan, and he gave up everything.... his whole clan for me, when I was leader."

Jetblaze took a few steps back.

"Dreamsea.... you must know it doesn't matter if he loves you... But, do you love him?"

Her eyes widened. She had never thought about this question, and she slowly shook her head.

"I-i love him as a father. That's what he has always been to me."

Jetblaze blinked once, and looked down. His usually bright yellow eyes were dark in the moonlight. Then, she heard him speak in a soft whisper.

"Then, Dreamsea, who do you love?"

She gasped, and didn't answer. She saw his dark yellow eyes meet hers, and she quickly looked away. She heard him ask again.

"Who do you love?"

She then met Jetblaze's gaze. I have always admired his power. His heart. He can be mean, but he makes up for it with his kindness. The moonlight was shining on Jetblaze's pelt, making his pelt seem silver with stripes. Dreamsea gasped, because the moonlight made Jetblaze silver with stripes, and green eyes. He... he looks just like...Cloudriver...  She heard him repeat the question once more, and she blinked, and his pelt was black again, and his eyes yellow.

"Who. Do. You. Love?"

She stared into his eyes, and realized they were full of love and admiration. She spoke in a soft whisper...

TO BE CONTINUED

2 comments:

✠Ember✠ said...

three words: Awesome TOTALLY EPIC

:D

•◘Alice in Wonderland◘• said...

She spoke in a soft whisper TO BE CONTINUED haha.

Great post Dreamstar! Loved reading it!