Please read first post for a good bye

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Ridge of Feathers

Markstar padded out of his den, his coat dull. He shook himself vigorously, feeling sick. Tonight would be the half-moon, so Nestflame would be going.

(I actually don't know if it is. >.< But whatever)

Markstar padded to Nestflame's den.

"Nestflame?"

Nestflame looked up from the herbs he was sorting.

"Markstar? What's wrong? You look sick."

Markstar nodded.

"I think I may have White Cough or something. "

Nestflame padded forward and pressed his nose to Markstar's forehead.

"It doesn't feel or smell like White Cough. I'll give you some herbs. It may just be a cold."

He grabbed some herbs, and told Markstar to eat them, and come back later. As Markstar left, Nestflame noticed Burst watching, his eyes cold. Nestflame started slightly as he looked at those eyes. Then he shook his head, wiping his mind of any thoughts. He had to leave for the MoonCave.

::---::

Ridgefeather lifted his head as Maple prodded him.

"Come on! It's warm out! We can go outside!"

He leaped to his feet. He had not been outside in moons. He padded after Maple, and slid past the slightly cracked door. Immediately he sniffed the air. Taking in all the strong scents he had almost forgotten. He looked around at the sky. Such a blue sky. And the grass. So green. He sniffed the air again, and stiffened. His ears swiveling to the fence. He leaped into the small tree in the backyard, and looked out. His heart pounding as he watched him. Nestflame. Ridgefeather took a step forward on the branch, his brain telling him to race after Nestflame. To go back to the clan, where he belongs.

He jumped slightly when he felt Maple leap up beside him.

"What's wrong?"

She followed his gaze, and watched Nestflame disappear into the trees.

"Who's that?"

"Nestflame. My mentor. It must be the half moon... "

Maple looked at Ridgefeather as he spoke.

"I need to do something. At Moon-High. I need to make a sign, to let him know I'm okay."

Maple nodded.

"You're not leaving?"

Ridgefeather didn't respond.

"Can you come with me there? I'll need your help to get of the Two-leg Nest."

Maple nodded.

"Of course. I'll try to keep a window open."

Ridgefeather nodded his thanks, and waited for Moon-high.

::---::

Moon-High came quickly, and Maple and Ridgefeather slipped out of the Two-leg Nest, padding quietly towards the Moon-Cave. All his old senses and memories came back to him. This was a familiar path. Something he knew. As he got closer to the MoonCave, he grew more anxious, and only when he stepped in front of the large opening did his body relax. He heard Maple gasp, making him smile. He looked into the stream to see a stone slightly shining. Not tonight. Ridgefeather gathered some non-shiny pebbles, giving some to Maple, and padding into the MoonCave. Nestflame was sleeping deeply. Ridgefeather smiled and breathed in his scent deeply, before starting to set up the pebbles. he created a perfect ridge on the other side of the small pool. It surrounded half the pool, and was strong. Nestflame would be waking up soon. Ridgefeather nodded to Maple, and she handed him a large, tan feather, almost the same colour as his fur. He placed it sticking up among the rocks. The tip embedded amongst them, and the top swaying slightly in the breeze. Ridgefeather smiled at his sign to Nestflame. He nodded, then padded out of the MoonCave quickly with Maple.

He leaped over the fence, and before he slipped back into the Two-leg Nest, he heard a loud yowl of shock as Nestflame awoke. Ridgefeather hoped he was doing the right thing, and slipped in after Maple.


I didn't try hard on this, but below is the pool, then the ridge of rocks, and the feather. I jsut wanted to give a general picture of what I imagined. ^_^ If I had actually spent time on this, it would have looked really good. ;)

64 comments:

✠Ember✠ said...

Nestflame smiled looking up at the sky, his heart felt lighter than it had for moons. "Thank-you." he whispered, picking up the feather gently, he wouldn't tell anyone... not yet at least.

~~Nestflame!!

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather sat in an upstairs window, watching, waiting. only just realizing that his scent would be fresh. Maple sat beside him, waiting also. Always would be waiting.*

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

Nestflame was walking home when a familier scent reached his nose "Ridgefeather!" he mewed, following the scent

~-~Nestflame~-~

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather watched Nestflame walk into view, but he stayed where he was.*

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

Nestflame followed the scent as i got stronger and stronger "Ridgefeather! Are you there... please talk to me!"

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

*he looked down at the black and white cat, waiting from the upstairs window.*

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

Nestflame sighed "Did you see the cats that attacked you? The icy blue eyes"

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather didn't speak. He barely remembered the night, except for his ceremony.*

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

Nestflame sighed "Well... um... Markstar's sick, things have been pretty boring except for BlackClan becoming good.. ya know"

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather leaped away from the upstairs window, and went downstairs. He sat looking out the lower window, only seeing a fence.*

:~~Ridgefeather:

(Make Nestflame look around a bit moreee)

✠Ember✠ said...

Nestflame sighed getting up and looking aroun d "Ridgefeather come on.... if this is a joke it isn't funny."


~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather waited, knowing Nestflame would come over the fence eventually.*

:~~Ridgefeather:

(typed this whole thing with one hand.)

✠Ember✠ said...

(-_-)

Nestflame walked over to a fence looking in the opposite direction... "Maybe i should be getting home..."

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

(>.< Sorry. I jsut found it easy.)

*Ridgefeather looked around. He couldn't yowl, or it would wake up the Two-leg.*

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

(-_- never said it wasn't but doing it 24/7 makes my wrist hurt)

Nestflame shook his head, he leapt onto the fence, seeing a window and "Ridgefeather?!"

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather looked directly at Nestflame, his ears slightly forward. The window was still opened slightly. Should he go out?*

:~~Ridgefeather:

(Okay, sorry. >.<)

✠Ember✠ said...

"Did the twolegs capture you? C'mon, LakeClan is worried sick!" he flinched, thinking of Markstar

Nestflame

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather looked behind him. Maple must have gone to bed. He slowly climbed out the open window, and leaped down. Standing there, conflicted.*

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"Ready to go back to LakeClan." Nestflam purred "It's great to have my apprentice back. The twolegs didn't hurt you did they?"

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather flinched, and took a step back.*

N-nestflame.

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

Nestflame face turned serious "They did. Well, the sooner we get out of here the better, Once you get back to the clan you can forget all about those terrible two-legs!"

Nestflame's eyes gleamed

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

Nestflame. They saved my life.

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"Okay, we can thank them later. Anyway we shoul be getting back"

~Nstflame

☪Dream said...

I-i can't.

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"What? Why?" Nestflames eyes dulled and his sholders slumped "You're a KITTY-PET now?"

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather narrowed his eyes.*

I will never be a kitty-pet. I can't return. I've broken the Warrior Code.

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

Nestflame looked at him, his eyes sad, "EVERY cat I work with,"

Nestflame growled "Hope you two have a happy life together. I guess."

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather snarled.*

it's not what you think! You think I LIKE it here!? Don't you think i wanted to leave!? I DIED Nestflame! I died...

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"You're here now aren't you?!" Nrstflame hissed "Already talking back to your mentor! Whatever, it seems like a nice life Ridgefeather, a warm fire, a she-cat you love. You know, I'd like to fall in love, but my job is EVERYTHING to me. I thought it ment more to YOU"

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

I was being brought to StarClan! But, it was disrupted! That wolf grabbed me and brought me here! You don't know how it felt! I was so lonely! I was stuck in a CAGE for what felt like a moon! It must've been at least half a moon! You at least still had your clan mates! I had NO ONE! Then I was brought here! She brought me back!

But you would never understand! Because that's ALL you care about! Your "JOB"! I loved being a medicine cat! But I didn't think of it as a JOB! I thought of it as my LIFE!

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"ya, well when you're all alone THATS what it feels like. I've been weighed down with guilt ALL THE TIME. You don't know how close I came to just never coming back to LakeClan every day! I want something more in my life, but I cant. I'm stuck as a medicine cat, alone, forever."

☪Dream said...

You never even came to look for me... I waited day after day, at that window. Waiting for a patrol to take me home. But it never came. I soon gave up. Accepted that maybe no one cared.

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"I asked about you everytime in StarClan, and I tried to look for you, but there was no scent. But everythings fine. You go back with your mate, and i'll go back to my bottomless pit called a life"

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather gritted his teeth.*

She's not my mate.

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"You love her." Nestflame said his voice flat

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

She's not my mate.

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

estflame sighed "You have a twitch?"

Nestflame

☪Dream said...

I have a what?

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"A twitch, you keep repeating she's not my mate"

~Nest

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather narrowed his eyes.*

What's gotten into you? You should be happy I'm alive.

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"Yea. I'm soo happy that you're abandoning your clan!"

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

I'm not abandoning my clan! Would you rather want me DEAD!? If you wanted me dead, you wouldn't have "looked" for me.

:~~Ridgefeather:

♣Delaney/Dolor♣ said...

Silentecho paced in a spot at camp, thinking about the past events more clearly when he decided to get over Soul.

What made me so.... obsolete as deputy?

>Silentecho<

✠Ember✠ said...

Nestflame hised "I looked for you. I TRIED. But I have duties to the CLAN too."

~-~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather narrowed his eyes, and growled. He then heard a faint mew. he looked behind him.*

Ridgefeather...?

*He stiffened*

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

Nestflame narrowed his eyes, "well if it isn't Ridgefeather's mate."

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

*Maple flinched at the coldness in Nestflame's voice.*

I'm not his mate.

:~~Maple:

✠Ember✠ said...

"Well you're the reason he isn't going back to LakeClan" Nestflame mewed indifferently

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

*Maple put her head down.*

I didn't mean to do anything. He was terribly hurt...

:~~Maple:

*Ridgefeather snarled.*

Don't you dare blame her, for MY actions.

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"I'm not, Im merey explaining why I was under the impression you were mates. I apologize for being near your house, I will leave soon" he mewed, noddng toward Maple "I'm done Ridgefeather. I'm not going to fight. You've made your decision, I respect that."

Nestflame

☪Dream said...

No you don't. You hate me.

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"I never said that. If you want me to come back I will."

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather narrowed his eyes.*

That is how you are acting.

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"No, Im jus calm."

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather snorted.*

Sure. Putting an act on?

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"I told you I'm not going to fight,"


~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

Then why did you bother to come? You thought I would come back?

*The collar on Ridgefeather's neck jingled slightly, and he flinched at the sound.*

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"I did." Nestflame mewed "I thoght you were being held captive." he looked at Ridgefeather's collar

~Nestflame

☪Dream said...

I put that sign up. Don't you think i could have gone back?

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"I thought that was from StarClan, like you intended."

~Nestflsme

☪Dream said...

Does StarClan have my scent?

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"Ok, i was stupid, but its what I thought. Anyway thats over and done with."

~Nestfame

☪Dream said...

*Ridgefeather rolled his eyes.*

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

Nestflame nodded "If you have nothing else to say, I will be leaving"

~Nestflame