Please read first post for a good bye

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Good-Night, Brave Warrior

Dreamstar looked at Rippleblaze. He had muttered something.

"What?"

He looked at Dreamstar, his eyes flashing in the low light.

"I-i think you should see one more warrior. He's dying. Nestflame thinks it's of a broken heart. I think he's right."

"Who..."

Dreamstar stopped, and breathed in sharply.

"Let him come in."

Rippleblaze nodded, and left, coming back a little bit later. A tortoiseshell tom leaned on his shoulder. Just skin a bones. Rippleblaze layed him down gently, then nodded at Dreamstar, before leaving. She padded over to the tom, resting her muzzle on his forehead.

"Open your eyes. Please, for me, Soaringheart."

Soaringheart's eyes opened, and he stared into Dreamstar's amber eyes, emotions flashing across both of their eyes. Soaringheart choked on words, and Dreamstar layed down beside him.

"I'm sorry. For everything. I'm sorry for doing this to you. I-i never meant to hurt you. I really didn't. I loved you- I love you- don't ever forget that."

Soaringheart closed his eyes.

"Dreamstar. I should be saying sorry. I should have still been here for you, to help you. But I fled in my anger."

She licked his shoulder gently.

"You fled not in anger, but in sorrow. You felt like you had failed me. You have no reason to say sorry. All if forgiven, it was a long time ago."

Tears slipped down Soaringheart's face.

"Thank-you. Can I... sleep here tonight? With you...?"

Dreamstar purred softly.

"Stay as long as you want. Good-night, brave warrior."

She curled around her dying mate. Yes, Rippleblaze was her mate now, but Soaringheart would always, also, be her mate. Soaringheart's breathing eased as he drifted into sleep. Dreamstar stay awake all night, watching him, until the sun rose, and Soaringheart breathed no more.

::---::



2 comments:

✠Ember✠ said...

(awww :( )

Lilyfeather said...

(I'm Heather from the chatbox....I was to lazy to sign in when i joined...) This is really sad:(