Please read first post for a good bye

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Why?

Ridgefeather curled up next to Maple, her breathing steady in her sleep. His mind still whirled, though he had known for a while now. Maple was getting larger, and the two-leg seemed pleased, bustling from one place to another. He looked at Maple. Is this what I wanted? I had always wanted to be a medicine cat. I had never thought, or looked, at she-cats. They were just... any other cat. But now. I don't know. I... I love Maple. Maple wasn't allowed outside anymore, so Ridgefeather didn't go out either. He didn't want to risk running into Nestflame. Tonight was the half-moon though... and Nestflame had said Markstar was sick, very sick.

He got up stiffly, and padded to the window. It was open slightly, letting in the warm night breeze. He squeezed through it, leaped over the fence and padded to the MoonCave. Nestflame would be there soon, and they shouldn't fight at the MoonCave, the sacred place.

When he got there, he looked at the pebbles. Did StarClan still accept him as a medicine cat? No pebbles were glowing, and he felt himself become irritated. He growled lightly.

"I did not ask to be brought to the two-legs. You were going to let me die! You were these! I saw you! Was it really my time? How could you have planned that attack!"

He shook his head angrily, feeling foolish for yelling at the pebbles. He leaped over the stream and padded up the rock, waiting.

He needed not wait long, because moments later Nestflame padded in, a pebble in his mouth. He padded up the rock, his head down, not noticing Ridgefeather. Then, he lifted his head at the top and froze.

"Ridgefeather. What are you doing here?"

Ridgefeather dipped his head.

"I have simply come to see how Markstar is doing."

"You have no right to hear any clan business."

Ridgefeather bristled.

"He was my friend too."

Nestflame sighed.

"He's dead. He died a few nights ago. But, StarClan have astonished us. Dreamstar, she is back. Like she never died. Except she has nine lives again."

Ridgefeather stood stiff.

"I am sorry about Markstar, and it is odd that Dreamstar is back, but good I guess. I wish you luck."

Nestflame nodded, and sniffed slightly. He stiffened, letting out a low growl.

"Ridgefeather... how could you!?"

He took a step towards Ridgefeather. Ridgefeather stumbled backwards, the tag on his collar jingling.

"W-what!?"

Nestflame stared at the collar bitterly.

"You! She! She's... expecting kits, isn't she!? I can smell the scent of milk on you. How could you!"

Ridgefeather's eyes widened.

"Nestflame..."

Nestflame snarled.

"Get out! This place is sacred to Medicine cats! Not Kitty-pets!"

Nestflame's voice was filled with bitter sorrow. Ridgefeather flinched back at the one word. Nestflame yowled again, his voice filled with anguish.

"GET OUT!"

Ridgefeather lowered his head and leaped past Nestflame, racing back to his two-leg nest, tears filling his eyes.

::---::

Dreamstar yawned and opened her eyes. She stiffened when she felt a pelt touching hers, then relaxed when she saw Rippleblaze. His eyes were open, watching her, making sure she was actually there, and wouldn't jsut disappear.

"Is Nestflame back yet?"

He shook his head.

"No. He should be soon. How are you going to perform ceremonies? Grin can't do them, if he's not leader. StarClan won't accept it. We'll have to tell the clan sooner or later."

Dreamstar nodded.

"I know. But they just lost Markstar. Seeing me would be too much on them. We'll see what Nestflame says. For now, get Strongspirit, Grin, Everlight, Bluegaze, Grayshadow, Frostysky, and Silentecho. I think those cats should know. I trust them enough."

Rippleblaze nodded, and exited the den. Dreamstar sighed, slightly trembling.

16 comments:

✠Ember✠ said...

Frostysky padded into the Den, she dipped her head respectfully to Dreamstar "Greetings."

~-~Frostysky~-~

Strongspirit, still shocked after Markstar's deat, padded in, her eyes still gleaming with tears, her stomach heavy with kits, she forced a fake smile on her face, feeling numb on the inside "H-hello." she mewed, her voice soft, barely able to be heard.

~-~Strongspirit~-~

☪Dream said...

Grin, Everlight, Bluegaze, and Grayshadow walked in. Dreamstar dipped her head.

"Greetings. It must be odd, to see me alive. I was dead... but something... happened.... I don't know what."

Grayshadow's eyes widened as she stared at Dreamstar. She had not expected this when Rippleblaze had called her. Bluegaze smirked. Dreamstar. StarClan really does seem to hate this clan, don't they? They must have known this would only lead to trouble. He flicked his ears to Everlight, who was thinking similar thoughts.

"Frostysky. Strongspirit. Bluegaze, Grayshadow, Everlight, Silentecho, Grin. You must tell no one that I am alive."

She padded up to Strongspirit.

"I am sorry about Markstar. I never lost my mate when I was expecting kits, only the kits themselves."

She nodded to the rest of the cats, waiting for their response.

:~~Dreamstar:

♣Delaney/Dolor♣ said...

Silentecho didn't speak at first, the emotions just flashed across his eyes, of disbelief to calm understanding, just like when he didn't have a voice.

>Silentecho<

☪Dream said...

Dreamstar nodded to Silentecho.

"I heard you could speak now?"

:~~Dreamstar:

♣Delaney/Dolor♣ said...

"Yes. But it seems like there's too much too say." Silentecho said clearly.

>Silentecho<

✠Ember✠ said...

Strongspirit nodded appreciativly to Dreamstar "I am glad you are back Dreamstar."

~-~Strongspirit~-~

Frostysky nodded, but said nothing, letting those closer to her speak first

~-~Frostysky~-~

☪Dream said...

How have you been Frostysky?

:~~Dreamstar:

Ridgefeather padded back into the twoleg nest, his heart feeling torn open.

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

Frostysky smiled "Great. Though, things have been rather... interesting lately."

~-~Frostysky~-~

☪Dream said...

Yes. How did Markstar get sick? Nestflame told me he was poisoned...

:~~Dreamstar:

Ridgefeather looked at Maple, still fast asleep. Her ginger and black tortoiseshell pelt rising and falling softly. Her stomach larger. He closed his eyes and hung his head.

:~~Ridgefeather:

✠Ember✠ said...

"We don't know." Frostysky mewed, her blue eyes growing wide "I think someone in this Clan poisoned him. And, when I visit Nestflame, sometimes, he's very... odd. See, he and Ridgefeather, the medicine cat apprentice, got into a battle at the Half-moon. Nestflame didn't see what attacked him, but Icy blue eyes. He hasn't been the same since. I think, that their attack, and Markstar's poisoning, might be related."

~-~Frostysky~-~

☪Dream said...

Yes. Ridgefeather leaving is a great loss. You know, he's my nephew.

:~~Dreamstar:

*Grayshadow's eyes flashing.*

What!? How could he be your nephew, his mother is Coastpebble, and his father was Stormbreak.

*Dreamstar lowered her head slightly.*

I guess my secret was going to come out sooner or later. I didn't think I would be the one to bring it up. Coastpebble, and Prairefall, are my kits.

:~~Grayshadow:

(DUH, DUH, DUHHHHHHH)

✠Ember✠ said...

"Wh-what?! Who's the father?" Frostysky mewed

~-~Frostysky~-~

☪Dream said...

Cloudriver.

*Grayshadow narrowed her eyes.*

But you never had kits with him...

*Dreamstar smiled sadly.*

I was expecting when he died. My kits didn't show that much. I don't know why. They were small when they were born. I was a choice for deputy. I gave them to Leaf-fall to look after. She was expecting kits with Dust-tail again. And hers were born the same day as mine. No one suspected anything. The only other cat who knew my secret was Sparrowleaf and Leopardwing. They helped me delive Coastpebble, Prairefall and Fleckrain. I had mine during the night, Leaf-fall had hers in the early morning. She only had one kit, so everyone thought she had four. Then I became deputy. Then leader. When I made my kits warriors, I whispered to them as I gave them their names. They knew from that day on. Fleckrain didn't make it back. But two of my kits did.

*Grayshadow shook her head.*

How could you lie to your own clan?

*Dreamstar sighed.*

It was too hurtful to care for them, after Cloudriver died. They reminded me so much of him. Especially Fleckrain and Prairefall. They look so much like him. It hurt... so much. Then, I was too ashamed that I gave up these beautiful kits to tell anyone.

*Grayshadow shook her head, then padded out of the den.*

:~~Dreamstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Frostysky blinked, but nodded "Would you do the same today?"

~-~Frostysky~-~

☪Dream said...

Well, I'm leader now. And I haven't lost my mate.

*Dreamstar's eyes flickered to Rippleblaze*

But Fellwave, he looks so much like Rippleblaze. It would hurt.

:~~Dreamstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Frostysky nodded thoughtfully "Well, Falcon will be wondering where I am, we were going to go hunting at his old den, Maybe visit Sky and Berrypaw, they just came back from exploring for a few moons. They are living as loners now... so..." she smiled and padded out of the den

~-~Frostysky~-~