Please read first post for a good bye

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Now and Forever

Burst nudged Ebonywing awake. He nosed her ear, whispering.

"Come with me into the forest. I... need to tell you something."

Burst then padded carefully around the cats, making sure Singe and Flash were both fast asleep. Once in the clearing he looked around. The clan was on edge ever since Rippleblaze had disappeared and Dreamstar had sunk into her sorrow. He looked behind him and saw Ebonywing. She blended perfectly into the darkness, with only her white paws and green eyes showing that she was there. He sniffed the air and padded through the entrance. The guard was circling the camp, so it was safe to go. Burst started to run, and he felt Ebonywing running slightly behind him. He found himself at the lake. He looked into the black water, and flicked his tail before jumping in. Ebonywing followed, swimming close to Burst.

After a while of swimming, Burst clambered onto the island. He leapt onto a flat rock, shaking himself off before lying down. The rock still held the warmth from the sun, so it was warm with the chilly lake breeze. Ebonywing laid down beside Burst. He looked at her, his heart beating fast.

Please Forgive me if I seem forward,
But I've never been in front of anything like you,
It's the last place I ever thought I'd be when I woke up this morning,


"I... wanted to tell you something. Something I shouldn't, but I feel like I can. Because I trust you."

He stared at her before looking away.

Is it true that you are always this breathtaking?,
And you're smart and you're willing,
And my god this is killing me.


Ebonywing rested her head on the rock.

"I'll always listen."

Tell me all the things you never said,
We can lie here and talk for hours in my bed,
I don't have anything to hide,


"After I tell you, I'd like to know everything about you too."

I don't have anything everything is not for certain,
I don't have anything to hide,
I don't have anything everything is not for certain.


 She nodded.

"I've noticed something was different about you and your brothers."

You started to see right through me,
And I'm loving every minute of it,
It's like I'm born again every time I breathe in so,


Burst smiled slightly.

"We're very much different."

If you're curious my favorite color's blue,
And I like to sing in the shower,
If you like I'll sing to you,


He took in a deep breath.

"Singe, Flash and I aren't from here. We're not normal cats. We're... we're from the Dark Forest. We were sent to destroy LakeClan... I... my real name isn't actually Burst. See, we have two sides to us. Our "normal, good" side. Which is this one. Me, Burst. And our evil side. Our evil sides have different names... If someone else says our name, then our evil side takes over. I can say my own name, and as long as Singe and Flash don't hear theirs, I can say them. Singe is Sear, and Flash is Flare. My name is Break.... If anyone else other then me says it, I start killing. It's dangerous to be around me... I'm evil."

Ebonywing didn't respond, she just looked at Burst. She then put her paw on top of his, and he looked at her. She whispered.

"I trust you. And I... I love you. I trust you not to hurt me."

Burst's ears rang, and his heart beat faster then ever.

Tell me all the things you never said,
We can lie here and talk for hours in my bed,
I don't have anything to hide.


 He looked at her paw on his, then looked back at her. He whispered very quietly.

"I love you too... I shouldn't."

I don't have anything everything is not for certain,
I don't have anything to hide,
I don't have anything everything is not for certain,


He shut his eyes tight.

"We can't be anything Ebonywing! How can we? I'll be gone one day..."

Ebonywing nudged him lightly.

"We can make it work."

Burst looked back at her.

"T-tell me all of your hopes,
All of your dreams.
I want you to take me there.
Tell me all of your hopes,
All of your dreams.
I want to take you there."

He took a deep breath, and touched his nose to her cheek.

"Tell my everything,
Every breath.
I want you to know I'll be there."

Ebonywing nodded, and Burst continued.

"There's just one more thing. 
One request.
I want you to take me with you.

I want to be with you forever. "

Ebonywing closed her eyes, shaking slightly.

"Of course... always. Forever."

Burst layed his head down next to Ebonywing's. Their pelts were brushing, and everything felt right, even though Burst had just told her his biggest secret. He whispered very quietly as they drifted to sleep.

"Take me with you.
I will never let you down.
I will love you... now and forever..."

::---::






No comments: