Please read first post for a good bye

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Travels- Part 2

Bluegaze opened his eyes to darkness, as usual. He remembered being swept down the river, choking on water and Dreamstar's fur. He remember at one point he lost his hold on her scruff, and that's when he felt hopeless. Shortly after he blacked out. He struggled to his feet, feeling a warmness run over his left eye. He wiped his paw over his eyes and sniffed it. Blood. He must have hit his head. He sniffed the air, hoping to catch a scent of Dreamstar. He lowered his nose to the ground and soon heard what he was looking for. He bounded over to the sound, and pushed his muzzle into Dreamstar's shoulder. Her breaths were ragged, and she had small cuts too.He tried to nudge her awake.

"Dreamstar. Get up. Please..."

Dreamstar opened her eyes and immediately Bluegaze let his mind open. He saw through her eyes, an noticed Two-leg houses. Where were they? There were no two-leg houses within miles and miles of LakeClan. Bluegaze shivered at the thought.

"Are you okay?"

Dreamstar got to her feet and shook herself out.

"Y-ya. I just don't know where we are."

Bluegaze sighed.

"Why didn't you swim to shore?"

Dreamstar's gaze was blank and was looking at nothing.

"I... I thought I may be able to find Rippleblaze if I was swept down the river too. But the waters had gone down and slowed. So I don't know where he is."

Her tail drooped, and she sighed in defeat. He nudged her gently.

"We'll find him. We can split up, and I'll go look a bit upstream, and you can go downstream. I'll catch up with you."

::---::

Rippleblaze was sitting up for the first time in almost three moons. His sight was blurry, his back leg was numb, and it still hurt him to breathe, but he was alive. Sitting in front of him was a black she-cat. She had introduced herself as Sola. She had said her name meant Sun. She had helped Rippleblaze heal, though it was taking longer then she had expected as his whole body was wrecked. His ribs were almost healed, and so were his two broken legs. There was only his one leg. It had seemed to be almost torn to bits, and infection had soon come to it. He had grown severely weak as the infection made him become sick with Green-Cough. She had wrapped his leg in leaves and put sticks in to help support it. Even now he still didn't have full feeling in the leg. Sola didn't think he ever would, and would have to have a new leaf wrap put on everyday. His bones had been almost crushed in that leg, and they were still healing. 

Rippleblaze shook his head.

"You've never told me where I am."

He looked at the black she-cat, and she flashed her silver eyes at him before continuing with the herbs.

"Don't be stingy. I did save your life. But I don't know exactly what you want to know. This is where I have lived. That's all I know."

Rippleblaze let out a quiet groan before lying down again. Sitting had made him to tired with the effort. Sola narrowed her eyes.

"I said to stay sitting. Take some pressure off of your side!"

He rolled his eyes.

"I'm not a kit, and you aren't the boss of me. I just want to go home..."

Blurry memories ran through his head of a she-cat with amber eyes. He shook his head and looked at his surroundings. All he saw were blurred leaves that were slowly falling off the bushes. Rippleblaze narrowed his eyes.

"What season is it?" 

Sola spat out some leaves.

"Close to Leaf-fall."

Rippleblaze gasped.

"What!? How long have I been here for!"

The she-cat looked at Rippleblaze carefully.

"Almost 3 moons... Where do you come from...?"

Rippleblaze moaned.

"3 moons? I need to find my home..."

He closed his eyes then answered again.

"I come from a clan. LakeClan. My family is there. I... I don't remember fully how I got here, except I was trying to help... my... my mate? I don't remember..."

Sola tilted her head.

"LakeClan? I've heard of that. It's very, very far upstream. You've come a long way. I don't know the way though, and even if I did, you can't even walk yet. Let alone sit!"

He sighed.

"I just... ah never mind..."

He let himself drift off to sleep as Sola watched him with worried eyes.

::---::

Dreamstar had been away from the clan for almost 2 moons. Dreamstar lay by the river shore, staring into the endless flow of water.

"We should just go back...."

Bluegaze sighed.

"A little longer. We'll keep going downstream."

::---::

Ink sat by the window, staring out. Ridgefeather had just gone out, and taken Oakkit. They were just in the backyard. Ink groaned. Ever since they turned 3 moons old Ridgefeather had started to take them outside, and had been teaching them the hunting crouch.

Ink looked back at Maple who was watching him.

"When is it my turn??"

Maple purred.

"Soon. They're coming in right now, see."

She flicked her tail to the door where Oakkit came bounding in. Ink leaped down and raced to the door.

::---::

Crowkit leaped up into the air as a moth flew by him. He stared at it as it flew out of reach. His siblings and him were  only 2 moons, and he could already not wait to become an apprentice.


No comments: