Please read first post for a good bye

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Killing An Innocent

Dreamstar shivered and opened her eyes, seeing the ground outside sparkling with frost. She got up with stiff legs, and padded out. Grin was already assembling patrols. She nodded.

"Grin,"

She flicked her tail at Burst. Half a moon ago he had come back to camp, saying a badger had killed Ebonywing. She had believed him because of the claw marks on himself. Little did she know that he had inflicted them on himself.

"Send Burst out on a hunting patrol. He needs to get out and live again."

She felt sorry for the tom. She knew how much it hurt to lose a mate. Grin nodded, and padded up to Burst.

"Why don't you lead a hunting patrol? Take Fellwave, Wrencall, Ridgefeather and Silhouettegaze and Singe. We need some more prey."

Burst's eyes lit up with something Grin didn't recognize. Burst stood up, and nodded.

"Sure."

Grin nodded and called the other five cats. Singe padded over warily, and looked at Burst. They had barely spoken to each other since Ebonywing had been killed. Now Burst smiled at Singe threateningly. They then padded out of camp. Once they were a little ways away, Burst spoke.

"Fellwave, Wrencall and Ridgefeather, why don't you head towards the lake, see if there is any prey there. Silhouettegaze, Singe and I will stay in the forest."

Burst kept his eyes on Singe the whole time, smiling slightly. Fellwave nodded and led his group away. Burst nodded then padded in the opposite direction. He stopped in a small clearing, and turned around, gazing at Singe who was perfectly still. Singe recognized the small clearing, and narrowed his eyes.

"Burst, what are you doi-"

Before he could finish Burst leaped at Silhouettegaze, placing his paw firmly on her throat. Her eyes were wide and she struggled for enough air.

"Now you'll feel my pain! Don't think I haven't noticed Silhouettegaze and you! Now you'll know what it feels like to lose your entire being. How it feels to not be able to help, to be a bystander in the death of the one you love. To not have control over life and death!"

Burst snarled, his eyes glowing red, his claws starting to dig into her throat. Singe stared, gaping.

"You make one step forward, and she dies in a split second. But maybe that's better than dying slowly."

Burst snarled, and Singe lowered his head.

"Let her go... This is between you and I. You don't have to bring her into this."

Burst snarled, his anger rising.

"Then why did you bring Ebonywing into it!? WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE?!"

He looked down at Silhouettegaze, her eyes wide in terror. He closed his eyes, and thought he heard a whisper.

"Burst, killing isn't the answer. Your anger is at Singe, not an innocent cat..."

But he brushed the sound off, taking it as the wind, then he looked back at Singe.

"She dies, now."




28 comments:

✠Ember✠ said...

Singe gaped at Burst "No..." he muttered, looking at Silhouettegaze, his heart hurting more then it ever had "You don't... you can't..." He didn't care if he was going soft. He didn't care about anything he'd done. He just didn't want her to die "Burst..."

~-~Singe~-~

Silhouettegaze stared in terror, she looked at Burst, she knew it was hopeless, but she didn't wan't to die, "P-please... I'm not ready."

~-~Silhouettegaze~-~

☪Dream said...

*Burst just stared coldly at Singe.*

You didn't listen to me when you made me kill Ebonywing. At least I don't make you kill her!

*He looked down at Silhouettegaze, his red eyes glinting.*

You wouldn't love him if you knew that killed Ebonywing. He has no heart!

:~~Burst:

✠Ember✠ said...

"Don't hurt her!" Singe's eyes were wild, "Burst you can't!"
Please, just, don't let her get hurt... I need her. he closed his eyes, his pain obvious.

~-~Singe~-~

Silhouettegaze gasped for air "P-please." she tried to keep her tears in, but a few trickled down her cheeks "I-I cant. I d-dont..." She was scared, she knew he was going to kil her, she looked at Burst, her eyes glassy with tears "I d-don't regr-regret loving him."

~-~Silhouettgaze~-~

✠Ember✠ said...

"Burst you can't!" Singe growled "You can't hurt her! You'd be just like me then! Is that what she would have wanted?"

~-~Singe~-~

"Please..." Silhouettegaze gasped "I c-can't help who I..." she coughed, tears streaming down her face "l-love."

~-~Silhouettegaze~-~

☪Dream said...

*Burst glared at Singe*

She never wanted to die. Don't DARE act like you know who she was! Like you knew what she wanted! She wanted to spend her life with me.

*He lashed his tail angrily, looking at Silhouettegaze again.*

He ripped that away from me.

*He bared his teeth.*

:~~Burst:

✠Ember✠ said...

"You have no right to kill her!" Singe growled "She did nothing to you! It's MY fault. Anything... anything but this Burst." he looked at Silhouettegaze, clenching his jaw "Its all my fault."

~-~Singe~-~

☪Dream said...

*Burst laughed*

Ebonywing did nothing to you! But you still killed her! Why should I give you mercy, when you destroyed me?

:~~Burst:

✠Ember✠ said...

Singe hissed "Don't give me Mercy Burst. I don't expect it. But there is a she-cat with her whole life ahead of her, and you have no right to take it away!"

~-~Singe~-~

☪Dream said...

*Burst shook his head.*

Why did you not think this about Ebonywing? Was she not important enough for her life to be spared? Why should her life be any more important?

*He looked at her again, and blinked quickly. Instead of Silhouettegaze, he saw Ebonywing right before he had killed her. He gasped, and loosened his grip only slightly, his eyes watering.*

:~~Burst:

✠Ember✠ said...

Singe looked away "Burst... you can't." His eyes felt watery and heavy, but he soon blinked them away "This isn't her fault." his voice was little more than a whisper

~-~Singe~-~

Silhouettegaze gasped for air, "Singe!" she coughed, but she still couldn't escape Burst's grip.

~-~Silhouettegaze~-~

☪Dream said...

*Ebonywing's image soon faded, and she shook himself, his voice cracking.*

Just watch me.

*he dug his claws into her chest.*

:~~Burst:

✠Ember✠ said...

"No!" Singe took a step forward.

~-~Singe~-~

Silhouettegaze winced in pain "Stop! Please!" she cried.

~-~Silhouettegaze~-~

☪Dream said...

*Burst spun around, one paw still on her chest.*

What? You don't deserve to even try to stop me. What happened to sticking to the plan Singe? I'm just being loyal to our mission by disposing of any DISTRACTIONS!

*His voice was filled with anger and sorrow, and his eyes flashed unhappily.*

:~~Burst:

✠Ember✠ said...

Singe felt something fall on his cheek. It was weakness. It was love. "Burst, get away from her now... or I'll stop you. I swear, you won't hurt her ever again. Burst.... please! Please don't hurt her." more tears fell "please."

~-~Singe~-~

☪Dream said...

*Burst stared at Singe.*

I can't. I can't. Not after what you did to me. Not when I'm trained to seek revenge...

*He lifted his paw, then brought it down quickly on her throat, though it wasn't deep enough to kill her quickly. He stumbled backwards, wailing, his eyes wide and frightened.

"E-ebonywing! It happened again. No..."

:~~Burst:

✠Ember✠ said...

"No!" Singe hissed, he ran for Silhouettegaze "No... please. Please. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."

~-~Singe~-~

Silhouettegaze's eyes began to fog, so much pain. Unbearable pain. Then, floating. She was falling. She knew what was happening. She searched through the blackness, trying to look at Singe. "S-singe." she muttered, feeling the blood seeping arond her "I'm n-n-not ready. I d-d-don't w-want-" she kept falling, falling. The pain was to much, and she heard a yowl. She wasn't sure i it was her own, or someone elses. There was too much pain...

Through the fog, she saw Singe raise his paw "It'll all go away." he promised "I'm sorry. I love you. I love you."

She felt his paw on her neck, then the pain vanished. Everything went away. She was left falling...

~-~Silhouettegaze~-~

Singe looked up at Burst. He had ended it quickly for her. Not let her last moments be in agony.

He licked her cheek, "I love you Silhouettegaze. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

~-~Singe~-~

☪Dream said...

*Burst stood rigid, his eyes blue again, blank.*

Singe...

:~~Burst:

✠Ember✠ said...

Singe hissed at him, still standing over Silhouettegaze's body "You better come up with a story to tell her family." the tears just didn't seem to stop "She lost her father not too long ago. You know. She wanted so much. She wasn't ready. She didn't want to die." his voice was deadly calm, emotionless.

~-~Singe~-~

☪Dream said...

*Burst's eyes flashed away from the sadness to hard anger.*

What about Ebonywing? LakeClan was the only family she had now. Ebonywing wasn't ready to die either. Think about others before you speak about those you loved.

:~~Burst:

✠Ember✠ said...

"Whatever Burst." Singe didn't look at him. He dragged her body under a tree, into the shade. "Please, let her go to StarClan." me muttered "Don't let her be like me." he licked her cheek again, her face was peaceful. When she was finally not in pain. When he had ended it.

~-~Singe~-~

☪Dream said...

*Burst just stared.*

Hope you have fun telling the clan.

*He narrowed his eyes*

:~~Burst:

✠Ember✠ said...

Singe's eyes were watering again "What would have done this to her huh?" he hissed "Another cat perhaps. A rogue? A bitter clanmate. Why don't I tell the clan that huh."

~-~Singe~-~

☪Dream said...

Then I'll tell them about Ebonywing!

:~~Burst:

✠Ember✠ said...

"I didn't kill her. What are you going to say?! Your an evil cat and that I spoke your name, and YOU went crazy and killed her. I think they'll have a hard time believing that."

He gently grabbed her scruff, beginning to drag her back to camp "Her family should be able to mourn her properly."

~-~Singe~-~

☪Dream said...

No, I'll make them believe that you killed her. You attacked her, and I pushed you off of her.

*He watched Singe leave, his fur bristling. he whispered very quietly, so no one else could hear.*

Ebonywing, if you can hear me. I promise I'll try to change my life. I'll be with you when I die. I promise you. I'll do whatever it takes.

*He then padded after Singe*

:~~Burst:

✠Ember✠ said...

Singe entered camp, his eyes sad and desolate "Help!" He yowled "A rogue..." he looked back at Burst "We found her too late. W-we tried to save her," He lowered his head "I failed."

~-~Singe~-~

✠Ember✠ said...

Singe stopped, looking at Burst, his eyes pained "I didn't mean to bring this kind of Pain on you Burst. I didn't know." his voice was strained, "I won't apologize. I was trained to never regret what I do. But I didn't know..." he stopped, his throat closing "how much this hurts."

~-~Singe~-~

☪Dream said...

*Burst blinked, his eyes emotionless.*

Let's just get our mission done so we can get out of this place.

:~~Burst: