Please read first post for a good bye

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Welcome Back... or Not

Soaringheart stood in front of the barn. Silverfang had never come back. It had been moons, and for all those moons Soaringheart had waited.

"I can't wait anymore. I have to go back to LakeClan. I have to see Dreamstar again."

 Soaringheart started to walk towards where LakeClan's territory lay, but then he started to run, the wind rushing by him.

He skidded to a halt right at the border. He looked around then padded into the territory. He felt his heart flutter at the thought of seeing Dreamstar again. Will she remember me? Will she let me join again after what I did? I left so long ago... after the Lynx battle at the Gathering in Leaf-Bare. It's now the end of Leaf-Fall.

Soaringheart stopped and sniffed the air, smelling a patrol. He was about to hide when a cat leaped out at him. Soaringheart yowled as he was pushed to the ground. He bit into the cat's shoulder, but the cat was in better shape and quickly pinned him down. The cat's claws digging into his shoulders. The cat snarled.

"Give me a good excuse of why you are on my territory!"

Soaringheart snarled.

"I used to live here!"

The cat narrowed his eyes.

"I don't remember you."

The cat flicked his tail, and two other cat's padded out of the bushes. He also didn't recognize the other cats. But they looked like the cat that had him pinned down. The cat on top of him snarled.

"I'm going to give you ten seconds to get off of my territory, or I'll chase you off!"

Soaringheart struggled under the cat's grip and gasped.

"I'm here to see Dreamstar! I was her mate!"

The cat stiffened, and got off of him.

"You're... Soaringheart aren't you? You won't be able to see Dreamstar."

Soaringheart bared his teeth.

"Why? Does she not want to see me!?"

The cat looked at the other two cats.

"Come back to camp with my brother's and I. I'll explain there."

Soaringheart looked warily at him, but followed.

::---::

The cat who had attacked him stopepd at the entrance to the camp.

"Stay here. I'll be right back."

Soaringheart nodded and looked at the camp. It looked completely different. Obviously it had been made larger and was stronger than before. Soaringheart closed his eyes and waited.

::---::

Markstar padded to the Warriors Den.

"Rippleblaze! Come out here. I need to speak with you."

Rippleblaze came out and looked at Markstar.

"Is something wrong?"

Markstar nodded.

"Rainingblaze, Fleckrain and I found an intruder on the territory. But turns out this intruder is... Soaringheart. He wants to see Dreamstar. I know how much he loved her before..."

He looked away nervously, and Rippleblaze nodded in understanding. Markstar continued.

"So I know it will hurt him when he finds out. I don't know how to tell him."

Rippleblaze shook his head.

"I can't tell him. I'm the reason he left..."
Markstar sighed.

"Fine. I'll get Grayshadow..."

Rippleblaze nodded and padded over to the fresh-kill pile. Markstar looked around and saw Grayshadow talking to Strongspirit. He walked over and dipped his head.

"Grayshadow. I need to speak with you."

Markstar didn't wait for a reply before continuing.

"Soaringheart. He's back and he wants to see Dreamstar. But I can't tell him. It may be better if you do."
Grayshadow's eyes widened at the mention of her father.

"S-soaringheart is back!?"

Markstar nodded.

"Come with me. He's at the entrance."

Grayshadow nodded and walked to the entrance to meet Markstar there. Markstar smiled at Strongspirit before following. 

Markstar nodded, and walked out of the camp entrance, nodding to Soaringheart. Grayshadow followed.

"Soaringheart!"

Soaringheart's eyes widened and he got up and met Grayshadow.

"It's so good to see you Grayshadow. But I need to see Dreamstar."

Grayshadow's eyes darkened, and Markstar nodded, before speaking. He flicked his tail at Fleckrain and Rainingblaze.

"Go into the camp. I'll handle it from here."

They nodded and padded away, letting Grayshadow speak.

"Soaringheart... You can't see Dreamstar."

Soaringheart looked confused.

"Is she sick...?"

Grayshadow shook her head, tears coming to her eyes at the memory.

"No... You'll never be able to see her...."

Soaringheart's eyes filled with pain.

"I'm too late. Aren't I? I missed my chance to apologize. She's... she's... now dead..."

Grayshadow looked away.

"I'm sorry."

Soaringheart didn't respond.

"Can't I see her in StarClan?"

Markstar shook his head.

"She didn't go to StarClan. We don't know where she is..."

He looked at Grayshadow, warning her to stay quiet about Dreamsea. Though he knew she wouldn't say a word. Soaringheart choked on his tears.

"No... Noo...! She can't be dead... I needed to say sorry. Now I never will!"

Markstar looked away.

"S-so who's leader now? Are you Grayshadow?"

Grayshadow shook her head, waiting for Markstar to speak. Markstar took a breath.

"A cat called Markstar is leader. His warrior name was Markspirit, and he was Dreamstar's and Rippleblaze's kit."

Soaringheart tilted his head.

"May I meet this Markstar...?"

Markstar closed his eyes.

"You're looking at him."

Soaringheart's mouth opened to disbelief.

"You're... Markstar? I had a dream about you many moons ago. But it was happening in real time. You were still a kit. So Dreamstar is really gone?"

Markstar nodded.

"Miststar gave me my ninth life... not Dreamstar. Come into the camp if you want. There are many new faces, and lots more cats. "

Markstar turned around and padded into the camp, leaping onto the Lake Rock. He called the clan together, and Grayshadow and Soaringheart padded to the front. Many of the older warriors gasped as they recognized Soaringheart. Rippleblaze sat in the front of the crowd, his eyes expressionless as he stared at Soaringheart. Markstar cleared his throat and spoke.

"As many of you older warriors have noticed, Soaringheart is back. He came to see Dreamstar... but has recently found out she has died. He may stay if he likes. That is all."

Soaringheart sighed and padded over to Rippleblaze.

"I-i'm sorry and I'm just upset as you are about Dreamstar's death."

Rippleblaze bared his teeth and laughed.

"No. You feel no where near the same pain I felt, or you wouldn't be so composed right now. I was beside her when she died. Her last words were about me. I was going to die myself to be with her. My pain is far greater then yours, and always shall be. And don't you dare say that you loved her more than I did. I risked my life millions of times to save her. The last time I checked, you found by yourself. Fighting your own battle. While I fought hers. And usually I saved her. You shouldn't have come back. It only resulted in a smidge of pain for yourself!"

Soaringheart flinched at the harsh words. Rippleblaze growled and stalked away, his tail lashing the ground, not in anger but in sadness. Soaringheart closed his eyes. I don't belong here. I'll leave in a few sunrises.  Soaringheart stayed where he was until Sun Down, noticing that Jayflight had been in the crowd, but hadn't welcomed him.

:~~Markstar, Soaringheart, Rippleblaze, Grayshadow

51 comments:

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit padded up to Markstar smiling "Daddy! All of us wanna know who this cat is! Is he a prisoner? Did you fight him all by yourself?" Blazedkit purred looking up at his father, eyes gleaming

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

*Markstar shook his head.*

he used to live in this clan, a long time ago.

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit nodded "From when? Was Dreamstar still leader then??"

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

*Markstar nodded.*

he used to be Dreamstar's mate....

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit shook his head "No daddy. Rippleblaze was Dreamstar's mate. Wasn't he?" Blazedkit tiled his head, confusion in his eyes

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

*Markstar sighed.*

Soaringheart was Dreamstar's mate first... Then Dreamstar fell in love with Rippleblaze. Rippleblaze used to be in his blood clan, MarshClan. He was deputy. Then, the leader of MarshClan died, and Rippleblaze became leader. Ripplestar. But his love for Dreamstar was too great, so he left MarshClan and joined LakeClan.

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

"But you can't have TWO mates!" Blazedkit mewed "I mean mommy is YOUR only mate."

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

*Markstar flinched.*

Actually... you have half siblings... I had another mate before your mother. But she died giving birth...

:~~Markstar:

(Wow. Nice Blazedkit. Nice. xD )

✠Ember✠ said...

(Lol)

Blazedkit's face fell. "Oh." he mewed. He turned suddenly and walked away

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

Where are you going?

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit ignored the question "Who are my half siblings?"

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

Wakepaw and Bladedpaw. It doesn't matter that I once loved Wake. I love your mother now. And you are still my kits. I have half siblings. Soaringheart's and Dreamstar's kits.

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

"Are they mad I'm born?" Blazedkit asked

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

Why would they be mad?

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

"Cause you moved on and became mates with Strongspirit. Instead of just never moving on from the she-cat that died."

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

They never knew their mother. I don't think they mind. Grayshadow doesn't mind that Dreamstar chose Rippleblaze as a mate instead of Soaringheart. And remember, if I hadn't moved on from Wake, you wouldn't be alive.

*He cuffed Blazedkit's ear lightly*

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit laughed and leapt on Markstar pretending to bit his ear "Yea!"

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

*Markstar purred and spun around, tripping Blazedkit lightly.*

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit lost balance and tumbled. He got up purred "Your gonna pay!" he laughed darting under Markstar's belly and hitting it lightly with sheathed claws

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

*Markstar fell lightly down, squashing Blazedkit.*

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit squeezed out, leaping on Markstar's back and biting lightly on his neck

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

*Markstar purred and fell down.*

You've beat me! Just don't kill me.

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit smiled "I wouldn't! A true warrior does not need to kill to prove himself!" Blazedkit puffed out his chest

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

*Markstar laughed.*

I know.

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit purred his eyes shining "When can we be apprentices daddy? So I can go on patrols with you and mommy!!"

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

*Markstar smiled.*

Not until you are 6 moons old.

:~~Markstar:

(which will be whenever I get to their apprentice ceremonies cause I have a lot to do.......)

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit looked down "Aww but thats Sooo far away!!"

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

*Markstar laughed.*

You'll just have to be patient.

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit sighed and nodded "Ok daddy."

~-~Blazedekit~-~

☪Dream said...

*Markstar smiled.*

It always feels like forever.

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit sighed and nodded "But It's all worth the wait! I get to go outside camp and fight!"

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

Fighting isn't everything. It's better to avoid fighting. It can result in death...

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit nodded "Yes, but if your clan is threatened you cannot just run away from battle. That could result in more, death."

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

You can sort things out through words. Words are more powerful then tooth and claw. If I could change a battle, even if we were threatened I would.

*Markstar's felt his heart pang at the thought of Dreamstar.*

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit nodded "That makes sence. But, what if whoever is attacking is not willing to listen?"

~-~Blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

Then we fight, but knowing that we tried every other way to resolve it,

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit smiled "I get it now."

~-~blazedkit~-~

☪Dream said...

*Markstar smiled.*

You'll make a good warrior.

:~~Markstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Blazedkit's eyes glowed and her smiled "Thanks daddy."

~-~Blazedkit~-~

βяɛɛʓɛ said...

(lol im outta place and back from campin' :D)

The BlackClan nursury branches trembled as a dark brown tabby tom walked in, his eyes resting on Sunnyblade. He turned and pulled a squirrel from outside of the den, and carried it beside her where he sat down in front of her.

"Sunnyblade, right, and Erol?"

His gaze flicked dismissively over the ginger tom, and he waved his tail.

"Fierystar wants you to stay away from Sunnyblade to prevent any more accidents."

He gazed at Erol for another moment, before fixing his orange gaze on Sunnyblade.

"Fierystar has appointed me to be you caretaker, seeing as RAggedflame has been very busy, and Erol isn't supposed to be here or else he might get you're guy's fur ripped off. Im Twistingbreak,"

He stopped at a furious glance from Sunnyblade.

"look, im sorry what happened, and trust me, i dont want to be here any more than you want me to."

He looked down at her, no emotion but dismissal in is eyes.

"You need to eat, with your kits due any day."

He glanced at her swollen belly.

~!Twistingbreak!~

☪Dream said...

*Sunnyblade narrowed her eyes.*

I'm fine. And Erol can stay if he wants. Fierystar isn't my mother.

*An image of Rosedawn flashed in her mind, and she remembered Icycurrent's pain.*

If Fierystar needs something, I'll deal with him myself.

:~~Sunnyblade:

βяɛɛʓɛ said...

Twistingbreak raised an eyebrow.

"I don't think that was a question. Fierystar is busy also."

☪Dream said...

You think I care? Its his fault I'm here. I'll make him speak with me. And Erol. Can. stay. Fierystar killed my kits. I don't feel up to listening to him. Tell him that for me, will you?

*Sunnyblade narrowed her eyes.*

:~~Sunnyblade:

βяɛɛʓɛ said...

Twistingbreak curled his lip.

"Go on, stab be in the back, when i was willing to help you get out of here."

HE turned to leave.





Shadowsoul peered out of a bush, than stepped out into the open. He knew he was on clan territory now, but which, he was unaware of.

~!Shadow/twisting!~

☪Dream said...

I don't need your help. I'm fine with what I have.

:~~Sunnyblade:

*Strikewind followed Shadowsoul out, her eyes hazy with grief and anger. PineClan territory had caught on fire, and it was too late before everyone could get out. Most cats were lost in the fire, the rest, scattered. Strikewind saw large tom stand up, his eyes blazing like fire.*

:~~Strikewind:

*Stonepaw looked around. This place seems.... different then other clans.*

:~~Stonepaw:

βяɛɛʓɛ said...

TWistingbreak looked over his shoulder at her.

"oh, really? You're fine when Fieystar kills your kits? You're fine when someone forces you to do things that are unheard of where you come from? Really, Sunnyblade? you couldn't be any more fine if you were dead!

HE snarled scathingly.




Shadowsoul gazed up at the tom, his eyes unimpressed. the large tom snarled.

"And who might you be? This is BlackClan territory, in case you hadn't noticed."

Shadowsoul rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, so what?"

☪Dream said...

*Sunnyblade bared her teeth and snarled.*

Guess what, I have no place where I come from! I never did truly live in LakeClan! It wasn't my home! For all I know, BlackClan is where I come from! My father is from BlackClan. He was the deputy.

:~~Sunnyblade:

*Strikewind narrowed her eyes at the tom. *

:~~Strikewind:

βяɛɛʓɛ said...

TWistingbreak padded forward so that he was nose to nose with her.

"Yeah, but being the daughter of the deputy isnt as bad as being son of the leader!"

Fierystar glared at the cats, and snarled at the black tom.

"You will leave. NOW!"

HE leaped at the black tom, claws extended.



Shadowsoul yawned, and quickly sidestepped Fierystars leap, slamming his head into the ground with one paw as he went flying past.

"IS that the best you can do?"

Shadowsoul glanced at his mate.

"Do you know who ths is and where we are?"

☪Dream said...

*Strikewind shook her head.*

I've never seen him.

*Her eyes grew cold, and she stood in front of her kits.*

We're not trying to hurt you. Are you the leader...?

:~~Strikewind:

*Sunnyblade snarled, and stood up.*

I never said it was bad being the daughter of Icycurrent. Now did I!? You have no idea of what I've been through!

:~~Sunnyblade:

βяɛɛʓɛ said...

Fierystar snarled and thrust the black tom of of him, and glared at the she-cat.

"Indeed. Fierystar of BlackClan, ready to kill this stupid tom!"

HE ran at Shadowsoul, and swerved to rake his claws down his side. But Shadowsoul was ready again. HE leaped sideways, crashing into Fierystar who yowled with surprise.

☪Dream said...

*Strikewind raced at Fierystar as he was stunned, and dug her claws into the tom's shoulders. She hissed into his ear.*

You're not going to kill any of us!

:~~Strikewind: