Please read first post for a good bye

Monday, March 15, 2010

Monarch of Glory-Part 8

Dreamstar was lying down on the LakeRock, her paws tucked under her. She was watching her clan go around their daily schedule. Which seemed to never include her... Dreamstar sighed and jumped down from the rock. She padded over to Stormwater, who was filling in for Rowanthorn, because Rowanthorn had White Cough. Dreamstar nodded to Stormwater, so Stormwater continued.

"Driftbreeze, Adder, Gazedawn, Pinedapple, Thornbranch and Smokesky will go on a border patrol. Adder will le-"

Dreamstar shook her head.

"I'll be leading this one. Thank-you though, Stormwater."

Dreamstar nodded, and Stormwater stepped back to organize a hunting patrol. Dreamstar turned to her group.

"Okay let's go. We're going to be a bit fast, because we still have to finish the re-sizing of the camp."

The group nodded, and followed Dreamstar out.

---------------------------------------------------------

They were already done three of the borders, and only had the MarshClan border to check now. Dreamstar turned to Adder.

"Take Driftbreeze and Pinedapple and start going up ahead."

Adder nodded,

"Okay Dreamstar. Come on Pinedapple and Driftbreeeze!"

They followed Adder away, and the rest of the group continued to mark. Dreamstar's head snapped up, and she saw Ripplestar and Quivershadow come out of the undergrowth on the other side of the river. They both nodded to Dreamstar, and she felt Gazedawn, Thornbranch and Smokesky tense and bristle a bit, though they knew hwy these two cats were here.

"Go and catch up with Adder, I'll take these two back to camp."

They grumbled, but padded off. Ripplestar and Quivershadow padded over the log, and met Dreamstar.

"Dreamstar, how are you."

Dreamstar nodded to Quivershadow, who was probably Quiverstar now.

"I'm good, how was the nine lives and so and so?"

Ripplestar nodded.

"Yes, Quiverstar received his nine lives perfectly, and StarClan hesitantly allowed me to return as leader if I ever go back to MarshClan. I am now Rippleblaze again, and I wish to join your clan."

Dreamstar stared at Rippleblaze. Her heart ached with pain. Rippleblaze... He might never be Ripplestar again. The leader I loved. Dreamstar sighed, and nodded to Quiverstar.

"Thank-you, but I think we can manage to my camp now. And, did Featherblaze know about the prophecy?"

Rippleblaze shook his head. The name still shocked her. She didn't love Ripplestar as Rippleblaze, it started when he was leader. Dreamstar shut her eyes, and re-opened them to find Quiverstar and Rippleblaze saying their farewells. Rippleblaze wished Quiverstar luck, then asked about the new deputy.

"I was thinking about Swiftleaf. She is very good, and all cats respect her."

Rippleblaze nodded.

"Yes, very good choice. She will make an excellent deputy. If I ever come back, she can be head warrior, then your deputy once I.... die."

They were quiet for a moment, before touching noses and muttering good-byes, before going their separate ways.What have I done? He grew up in that clan! Why did I say yes? Dreamstar sighed and pressed her nose against Rippleblaze's shoulder. Rippleblaze licked her forehead, and they padded back to camp. Now, we aren't forbidden anymore...



TO BE CONTINUED


16 comments:

❄❀Ɖαωиʏ❀❄ said...

Rosekit, Skykit, Rainkit, and Minnowkit all watched Dreamstar and Rippleblaze pad back into camp. Moonpaw sat in the back of the camp, watching Bluegaze and Everlight in envy.

♣Delaney/Dolor♣ said...

Gazedawn nodded off and was catching up with adder, still a little nervous about Dreamstars choices.

She is leader, she thought.

-Gazedawn

✠Ember✠ said...

Frostykit watched Rippleblaze and Dreamstar come back into camp. "Is that a new warrior joining us?" She asked Nestkit

~Frostykit

"I guess, it looks like he and Dreamstar are mates!" Nestkit answered

~Nestkit

"Hmmm..."

~Frostykit nad Nestkit

❄❀Ɖαωиʏ❀❄ said...

They look really close. I wonder....

~*~Minnowkit~*~

Must be someone close to her.

~*~Skykit~*~

Yup, I guess. Isn't that Ripplestar of MarshClan?

~*~Rosekit~*~

Yea.

~*~Rainkit~*~

☪Dream said...

*Dreamstar's eyes shot to the kits.*

He is Rippleblaze of LakeClan, for now at least. it is very important that he stays here, and is welcomed.

*Dreamstar rolled her eyes and smiled lightly*

:~~Dreamstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Nestkit bounced up and down "Wow! You used to be leader. Did you have a medcicne cat? I want to be a medicine cat! Really bad! Did you ever want to be anything other than a warrior?" Nestkit asked excited

"Were you really happy to get your warrior name? Are you a really strong cat? Do you have any ideas on how to be a good warrior?" Frostykit asked excited

"Are you Dreamstar's mate?" Nestkit and Frostykit asked together

☪Dream said...

*Rippleblaze purred at the kits, and looked at Dreamstar for permission, because that was his old life. Dreamstar nodded, so he started to speak.*

Yes, I had a medicine cat. Featherblaze, and the recently appointed medicine cat apprentice, Dewpaw. Feathrblaze saved Dreamstar's life once. But that is a long time back.

*Rippleblaze sighed*

No, I always wanted to be a warrior. Maybe leader one day. I was able to, but I'd rather be here.

I was happy to get my warrior name. Knowing that I would have a chance to become deputy, yes. I was really happy. I guess I am strong.

*Rippleblaze shrugged*

I was a strong leader, friend and mate. Yes, in battle it was my quickness mostly that got me to win.

Being a good warrior is mostly being loyal and putting your clan before yourself. You have to be able to defend your family, and never falter in battle. But it's more then that. It's really hard to explain. You'll understand when you become a warrior.

*Rippleblaze smiled down at the kits.*

And ya, I guess you could say I was Dreamstar's mate. I guess we were already. But that's a different story.

*Rippleblaze looked at Dreamstar to see her smiling.*

:~~Rippleblaze:

✠Ember✠ said...

Nestkit and Frostykit looked awed (hehe sry for all the questions) "I want Rippleblaze to be my mentor! Can he?" Frostykit asked looking at Dreamstar

✠Ember✠ said...

"I want to save lives one day too, maybe evn Dreamstar's like Featherblaze did!" Nestkit mewed excited

☪Dream said...

*Dreamstar purred.*

I don't know, we'll have to see.

:~~Dreamstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

Frostykit beamed

Nestkit smilied

☪Dream said...

*Dreamstar nodded to Rippleblaze, then walked off to her den.*

:~~Dreamstar:

✠Ember✠ said...

"Bye!" Nestkit mewed

"Bye!" Frostykit mewed

❄❀Ɖαωиʏ❀❄ said...

"Hey, Frostykit, wanna play a game?

~*~Minnowkit~*~

Nestkit... if you get medicine cat apprentice, promise we'll still be best friends?

~*~Rosekit~*~

Rosy, u coming? We're racing, then pkaying 'Battle Clans!'!

~*~Skykit~*~

No. I'll stay here with Nestkit for the racing, but I'll join in 'Batlle Clans!'. I call medicine cat!

~*~Rosekit~*~

Fine....
~*~Rainkit~*~

✠Ember✠ said...

"Sure!" Frostykit mewed

"I'll be medicine cat to! And yea, we'll still be friends, whoever is medicine cat apprentice!" Nestkit smilied

❄❀Ɖαωиʏ❀❄ said...

Yay!!

~*~{Rosekit}~*~