Please read first post for a good bye

Friday, October 16, 2009

Dreamstar-

Dreamstar woke gasping in pain. She looked around; it was dark out. Dreamstar slowly got up as a spasm ran through her body. She stiffly walked out into the clearing. Light, white fluffs started to drift down. Snow. The air was chilled and the nigth was still. Dreamstar looked around, her breaths coming in grea white puffs. A small spasm rippled through her. Dreamstar walked to the camp entrance to see that Firepelt was standing there. She walked through and nodded to Firepelt. She silenced him with a flick of her tail and walked on.

Dreamstar painfully walked to the river. She looked across to see Ripplestar curled on the other side. Dreamstar sighed an dmurmered under her breath.

"Does he wait for me every night?"

Dreamstar looked at Ripplestar's still form, and let out a quiet mew. Ripplestar's head came up. he looked around until he saw Dreamstar's swollen figure. He lightly leaped across the log and rubbed up against Dreamstar.

"Ripple-ripplestar"Dreamstar spoke chattering through her teeth."I'm-i'm having the kits. Now."

Dreamstar fell to the ground as a spasm ripped through her body. Dreamstar gasped for breath and took in rigid air. Ripplestar's eyes clouded with worry.

"I want-wanted you to be here. I-I couldn't do it without y-"

Dreamstar yowled in pain as a spasm rippled through her.

"Help-help me."

Dreamstar mewed and looked pleadingly up at Ripplestar.

The snow was starting fall more heavy, and the wind started to pick up.

"Don't leave me Ripplestar. Please. Stay here."

Dreamstar whispered so low that it could barely be heard above the howling wind. Ripplestar croutched down low and whispered in her ear.

"Don't worry. I will never leave your side."

Dreamstar sighed and let her eyes flutter closed. But Ripplestar shook her, making sure she stayed awake. Dreamstar's eyes opened and closed, she tried to open her eyes to see Ripplestar, but could barely lift them. Ripplestar lay down beside her. Offering his warmth to her. He could feel the small spasms going through her. Here shivering. He could feel everything. Then Dreamstar stiffened and a massize spasm went through her. She yowled and a kit slipped into the world. Ripplestar quickly strated to lick the kit frantically. But he knew it was useless. it was born still. Ripplestar still placed it beside Dremastar, so it wouldn't get covered in snow.

Dreamstar stiffened as more cold touched her body. She went still and breathed out.

"I'm sorry. This kit was already still."

Dreamstar nodded slowly and let her body go limp in defeat. Ripplestar pushed his head into her side, trying to keep her going.

"Come on Dreamstar. you ghave to keep trying. Please. For me? For the kits?"

Dreamstar stiffened her body, prepared. She winced as another kit came. It was also still. Ripplestar caefully cleaned it and told Dreamstar the news.

Three more kits came, all alive.

"Dreamstar. The last one looks like me. What do you want to name him. The second last is black with white stripes, a she-cat. The third last one is light brown, another she-cat. The two still ones are both toms, one is white with brown spots, and the other is gray."

Dreamstar groaned and went limp in pain.

"The one...that-that looks like you...Fellkit. The black and white...Webkit. The brown...you can name. also the rest."

Dreamstar newed weakly, forcing every word.

"The brown and white, Mudkit. The white and brown, Mistykit, the gray, Shadekit. Do you like it Dreamstar? Mistykit and Shadekit...I hope are happy in StarClan. I'm sorry to say but it doesn't look like Mudkit will make it. Webkit isn't that strong either. But Fellkit is the strongest."

Dreamstar didn't respond. Ripplestar started to become frantic. He knew Dreamstar was sleeping, but sleeping in this weather could lead to death. Ripplestar looked around for a hollow log or tree. Then a small hollowed out tree caught his eye. He cleared out the snow around Dreamstar and brought Shadekit and Mistykit first. Then he brought Fellkit, Mudkit and Webkit. Last he pulled Dreamstar into the log. When he got there and placed Dreamstar down, Fellkit scrambled over. Webkit mewled, but didn't move. He picked up Webkit and placed her beside Dreamstar. He went to pick up Mudkit, but realized that her body was turning cold. He sighed and placed her off,in front of Dreamstar and Ripplestar, with Mistykit and Shadekit.

Ripplestar looked at his two remaining kits, and his love, Dreamstar. He curled around the kits. Trying to keep them alive. Ripplestar stayed awake all night, keeping the entrance to the tree open.

It stopped snowing close to down. He cleared out the entrance one more time, and lay down next to the kits and Dreamstar, paws frozen. he sighed and fell into a deap sleep.

-------------------------------

Dreamstar woke to see Ripplestar curled around her and her three-now two- kits. Dreamstar looked at Webkit and Fellkit, and realized that Webkit was also gone. Fellkit slept peacefully beside her aching body. She carefully picked Webkit up and placed her off to the side too. Dreamstar batted Ripplestar lightly, waking him. Ripplestar's eyes shined a dull light at seeing her awake. She saw that he was tired too. then he looked at what use to be two kits, and his faced darkened.

"I'm sorry Dreamstar. Mudkit died when I was moving you all into here. I don't know when webkit died. It's around sun-high. Ctas will be wondering where you- and me- are. I will take you back if you want. Do yuo want me to bury the kits first?"

Dreamstar nodded and wrapped around Fellkit as Ripplestar took out the kits one by one, and buried them. When he came back, Dreamstar was trying to stand. Ripplestar took Fellkit and let Dreamstar lean against him. He guided Dreamstar out and back to her camp.

---------------------------

Once there Dreamstar walked into the entrance, with Ripplestar closely following. Cats eyes him warily, then realized where he was. The clan started to murmur and shot wary glances at the two cats walking in. Then they realized that he was holding a kit.

Dreamstar walked to foot of the Star Rock, too weak to jump up.

"LakeClan.*cough*As you see I have had my kits. I had fi*cough*five kits, but two were born still, and the other two died during the night. Ripplestar was with me the whole time.*cough*I named my surviving kit Fellkit.*cough*I gave birth during a blizzard. As you see, the forest floor is carpeted with snow. I want to see Silverfanf. I may have caught White-cough, and I want to make sure Fellkit is alright."

Dreamstar turned to Ripplestar. He passed her Fellkit, nodded and walked away. Dreamstar then was led away by Silverfang.

8 comments:

Brooke said...

Sunpaw stared in shock at her leader. She couldn't believe it. At the same time, she felt sorry for Dreamstar-she lost four kits, and Sunpaw hoped she would never know how that's like. "It's okay Dreamstar." she meowed quietly. "Everything's gonna be fine."

~Sunpaw

☪Dream said...

Dreamstar looked at Sunpaw sorowfully.

"I don't know if it ever can. i really don't know."


~~Dreamstar

Lightsparkle said...

*pads to fresh-kill pile, then stops and looks at Dreamstar, and then Sunpaw* She's right. Nothing will ever be the same.

Foxspirit

mau5girl said...

...Dreamstar...

Even though some may think your decision was not the smartest, I trust your instincts to tell you what is right and what is wrong. I have made countless bad choices in my lifetime, too, but I have had second chances. If you have doubters, I'm sure they'll give you a second chance, too, when this incident is past and gone. In fact, something similar is happening in DawnClan at the time being. I wish you, Ripplestar, and Fellkit all the best of luck.

~Ivystar~

☪Dream said...

Yes. Thank-you. I'm just not sure I will do. It's his destiny to be my mate. So I'm not sure of what to do...

Lightsparkle said...

No matter what happens, stick true to what you believe is right, and the rest will follow. PLease excuse me, Dreamstar, but I must go make amends with my kits now.

[Lauren] said...

(Hey Dreamstar I'll delete your cats but should I just delete them or say they died?)

☪Dream said...

Ummm...say they died. So I can make more different cats!?