Please read first post for a good bye

Friday, September 18, 2009

Dreamstar-Part Five

Dreamstar swiftly ran into the clearing. She looked around. Then she saw Ripplestar eating some prey with his deputy, Dovefall. Dreamstar ran over.

"Ripplestar! I need to talk to you in the forest! Will you come?"

Ripplestar's eyes brightned.

"Sure! I will be right there!"

Ripplestar quickly finished taking a bite and ran after Dreamstar. Dovefall stared after Dreamstr with envy.

-------------------------------

"Ripplestar. I think it is time for me to go back to my clan. they must be worried... and I need to get back. There's something that is happening to me. Quickly too."

Dreamstar sighed and looked at the ground. She didn't want to leave.

"Also. Stop waiting for me. You hould find a mate in YOUR clan. Dovefall seems to like you a lot."

Dreamstar couldn't look at him while she said these words. She didn't want to say it. But she knew it was true. Ripplestar's cheerful eyes were suddnely filled with sorrow.

"But...but Dreamstar! I don't like Dovefall. I want to wait for you. I need to...."

Dreamstar snapped at him.

"Listen to yourself! You are forgetting that you need a clan to take care of! You are a LEADER now! I am too! Just forget me and go on with yor life!"

When Dreamstar looked at Ripplestar's eyes, she knew what she had said had broke his heart. His eyes were filled with sorrow. Totally blank and sunken. He started to turn around and walk away.

"Wait! Ripplestar! Please! I am sorry! I never meant any of it! Please!"Whispers." I need you. As much as you need me. I wish we could be. But we can't. But please don't be mad at me. Please. I love you too."

Dreamstar looked at Ripplestar. He had stopped. Dreamstar's heart soared as she hoped that he had heard her.

"Ripplestar?"

Dreamstar asked Ripplestar. Ripplestar turned around, his eyes still sunken, but with a glimmer of hope in them.

"Do you really mean that Dreamstar. Do you really mean it?"

Ripplestar's started to pad back towards Dreamstar. Dreamstar eyes sparked with hope and love.

"Yes. Yes I do Ripplestar. But Soaringheart ...we still don't know if he will get better. I'm hoping he will ... but we don't know. I love him Ripplestar. More then anything. He was there when Cloudrive died. I think i will always love him. But I don't know if he will love me after he finds out about me and you...and something else..."

Dreamstar sighed and padded towards a hollow tree. She stepped into it and lied down on the soft moss. Ripplestar following.

"It doesn't matter. I will always be with you. No matter what."

Ripplestar purred and lied down and fell asleep curled up next to her. Dreamstar sighed, knowing that this will only cause problems, but she fell asleep with him anyways...

To Be Continued!

4 comments:

MadiShae said...

Dreamstar you won my contest! Go to my blog.

-Scarheart

Lightsparkle said...

Oh, that's so sweet...

★ Sylvine Srevlis ★ said...

Silverfang came rushing into camp. "Moonshadow is dead!", she yowls in a panic.

~~Silverstar

A said...

Sigh..... what a nice story!